The benefits of meditation and the increased self-awareness that goes with it, are wide-ranging and well-documented and include:
- Supporting stress reduction and activation of the parasympathetic, or rest-and-digest, system
- Promoting self-regulation of emotions, thoughts, and behaviors
- Cultivating social behaviors such as compassion, empathy, and happiness
- Supporting shifts to healthier lifestyle choices through insight
- Improving mood and mental-emotional health
- Supporting executive functioning through developing focus and distraction-management skills
The Yoga Therapist will guides you guide you in learning any stage of meditation and experience the support of deeply knowing yourself. This knowledge can be more than just new information; it can provide a new perspective that promotes profound shifts toward balance and wholeness. This is one of the ways yoga works.
Yoga Therapy is an emerging profession so perhaps the most common question yoga therapists receive is ‘ What is Yoga Therapy?’ Simply, yoga therapy is the specific application of yoga tools—postures, breathwork, meditation, and more—to support an individual’s physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual needs. The positive effects of yoga have led doctors and scientists to research the practices in an effort to explain how they work.
Rita Casadio , 14th June 2023